I can’t believe how much has already changed in just a week around here! Be sure to read my first post here so you can see all the before pictures and learn more about this challenge.
Before we get going, get your FREE Bathroom printable here!! Just like the one I used in this project!
Our downstairs bath was cute, but I was ready for a CHANGE! Don’t you just get like that sometimes? This challenge was the perfect opportunity for that change. Here is one before picture as a refresher.
My main goal this week during the challenge was to get the walls painted in Benjamin Moore (Revere Pewter). I picked this color because it’s the same color as the rest of our downstairs and we had a TON leftover. I love the color, and that made it ZERO cost to me…even better!
Now, let me just say….I don’t like to paint. Not walls at least. One of my friends described it like child birth. You forget just how bad it is until you do it again! Haha! Pretty accurate.
But, the challenge is ON and it’s worth it. Even though my neck and shoulders may disagree. Here are some progress pics during painting.
I really did love the blue for a lot of years, but I’m so happy about the change and how crisp and bright it seems now. This is a great first step in the transformation of this bathroom.
The other changes that have happened during the challenge this week is that I got my new shower curtain…which is ACTUALLY 2 curtain panels. The reason I did this is because I wanted to raise my rod to make it look taller, so I needed 84″ long like a curtain. This works great in here, because we don’t need a liner back there since literally no one uses this bath/shower. So, it’s really just more for looks. I love the look of a white ruffle curtain! TJMaxx to the rescue!
Last but not least, my cute DIY shelf! This cost me a whopping $8! I got the 2 brackets on sale for 50% off at Hobby Lobby! The wood was scrap wood that we had here that my husband cut to size and I stained using Minwax Special Walnut. Easy, peasy! There will be a sign hung above the shelf…stay tuned for that!
Here are some pics of the progress! (Don’t mind all the wrinkles in the shower curtain…those will be steamed out at the end because the curtain will still have to come down again when I paint the floors!)
Next week I will be painting the cabinet black with Blackberry House Paint. I’ve painted tons of furniture and even my kitchen island, so I’m excited and not worried about doing this. HOWEVER, the following week I will be painting the tile floors and attempting to stencil them and that is another story on the nerve level. Haha!
Other than that, the rug will go and I will use a few other décor things that I already own to finish up the space. I’m so excited to keep going on this project.
Be sure to check out other blogs from the $100 room challenge below. Some great transformations are happening on a BUDGET!!
Until next time…