I get asked about this ALLLL the time! And I totally get the “pain point” of having a TV over a mantel for sure! But, I’ve got you friend!
Learn how to decorate a mantel with a TV for Christmas in just a few easy steps! These tips and tricks will help so much!
Sometimes there’s no other place a TV can go in a room, am I right?! In our living room, the TV is over the mantel- so I knew I had to get creative when it came to decorating it for Christmas!
Here’s my best tips:
- If room allows, add 2 big vases, lanterns or trees on either side of TV. The key here is to add as much height as you can so your eye also focuses on the decor and not just the TV.
- Adding garland is a great way to bring in greenery and/or pops of color and add instant character to the space!
- This is still a great place to hang your stockings of course! Consider adding something like bells for a fun extra flare!
- THE FLOOR! I can’t stress the importance of the floor or the hearth enough! Consider adding something to each side. I prefer groupings of 3 or one larger item. Be sure to use different heights and textures when doing a grouping of 3. Either way, you will focus the eye to the floor and be able to show off your cute decor!
- If you don’t have a fancy framed TV, but you DO have a smart TV…I’ve got a hack for you! You can go on the Youtube app and search things like Vintage Winter wall art, Vintage Christmas wall art, Christmas screensaver art, etc and you can find lots of cute backgrounds! Some that will play for hours and hours! This is perfect if you’re having a party or just want a wall art look when the TV isn’t in use!
What do ya think?! I hope you learned a little more about how to decorate a mantel with a TV for Christmas!
I will share the entire room VERY SOON! Can’t wait!
Until next time…